Thursday, May 14, 2009

IV

Articles read this morning while watching the news:  Being a Better Programmer, Raytracing on a Grid, Computing LOS for Large Areas, Tile-Based FAQ, Game Coding Complete:  Smart Design Practices.

A couple of those articles are from Amit's Game Programming Information, which has really good information of tile-based games that is applicable to Evidyon's map.

Interesting side note, this was the article that defined my coding style for a long time.  I really liked the spaced-out, easy-to-read and well-commented code written this way.  Honestly, I still do like that style--but now I use a modified Google style because I can write code more quickly and I can see more on the screen at the same time.  Using OCAML (Java) -like function names is my major difference from Google's code spec.  If you ask me, their way of naming methods is a major flaw that probably confuses a lot of their coders--functions look exactly the same as every single variable.  Maybe I'll write something on it at some point.


In preparation for registering Unseen Studios, I've just purchased UnseenStudios.org, UnseenStudios.net and UnseenStudios.info for the astronomically huge price of $16.  Woot.  I'm just glad nobody else got to this first.  Then again, Xenimus.com has been around for almost a decade now and noone has purchased Xenimus.net.  That reminds me, would it be an effective marketing campaign to purchase unused domain names related to other games and redirect them to Evidyon?  After all, I'm sure people visit incorrect domains all the time...and if one were to post "worldofwarcraft.biz" links, chances are many people would visit, and if the investment brings in even 1 new player then it's paid for itself.  Hmm...  is it incredibly apparent that I've been studying for my entrepreneurship exam all day?

No comments: