Monday, May 18, 2009

Eight, eight my office is great

Today marks the official start of summer development.  I'm done for the semester and it's time to get down to development.

First things first: checking out my office space.  A few words, "superb" and "comfortable" come to mind.  I have dual screens on a big desk, sunny south-facing windows, a big LCD TV with Wii Fit and a full-size refridgerator.  Doesn't get much more luxurious than this.

moving on!

I'm going to have to power through this Bazaar GUI creation.  We'll see how it goes.  On a side note, I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm on post 73 and can't come up with a clever title.  I might have to break this silly pattern.

I was looking for GUI design stuff last night and found Welie.com, a website that just lists all kinds of different GUI elements.  It's pretty fantastic.


5:30 pm
Bazaar is up and running!  Now just to make it a bit prettier, do some thorough testing and release it.

7:30 pm
Interesting article on making apps that "go viral".  Complete with fun mathy viral coefficient.  Bazaar has been tested, fringe cases (listing bazillions of items) seem taken care of.  Just need to be able to drop gold on ground and get it into players' hands somehow (autobuyer?) and away the economy goes!

No comments: