Thursday, June 4, 2009

25% = 1/4

Creative, I know.

Anyway I fixed some stuff with the questing this morning and they seem to be working just fine now.  In the future I'd really like to support group quests--they could be a lot of fun!

I'm going to work on the map editor today.

2035
Well, I ended up taking a personal day instead.  Went to the store, cleaned, etc.  Two things to report on from this front that aren't strictly Evidyon or Unseen-related, but are cool enough to mention:
1.  For the most enjoyable coffee I've had in a while from beans I had thought were a bust, mix 2 tbsp sugar with 1/3 cup grounds and brew (small flat-bottom).  It comes out so mild and delicious that I don't even add any sugar and only a splash of milk.  I think putting some sugar in the grounds separates them and allows them to steep differently, because the difference is like night and day--not even comparable to brewing then adding sugar.
2.  This is the first thing that I'm writing on a pair of keyboards that I hacked up to allow me one keyboard for each hand*.  Using two USB keyboards, I cut each such that I can sit in a chair, rest my hands on the arms and without moving them, type on the computer quite comfortably.  It's a somewhat unnerving effect because typing like this is so comfortable and natural that it almost seems wrong.  Now if only I could control the mouse by looking I would have a perfect interface!  Hehe.  Geeky, no?

Anyway, tomorrow I'll need to do some more cleaning around here (using a hacksaw on the keyboards created a lot of plastic dust and it's late enough I can't spot it all) but I'm going to start, quite comfortably, on the map editor coding tonight.

*Hooray!  No more RSI effects :D

No comments: