Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 30

So yesterday sometime around 2 or 3 pm the code started to crawl because my damn right-hand keyboard's up arrow stopped working. I verified the keyboard was working by disassembling it and making sure the arrow worked when I connected the circuit on the printed sheet, but I just couldn't get the thing working again. My momentum was broken and sleepiness finally started muddling my brain...as a result I gave up for the time being and packed for my trip home and cleaned the house. Looks pretty good now.

My goal is to have this editor working and integrated into the game by Friday night. This is going to be a lot of work because there is SO MUCH new stuff, but if I can do that then we're pretty much golden for Beta.

I do have to say though, a single keyboard just isn't doing it for me anymore. It's so cramped I feel carpel tunnel setting in just using this laptop keyboard. Ugh. I wish that stupid other keyboard were working.


2330
Leaving on a plane in the morning. Editor WORKS! The map system integrated *perfectly*. It does exactly what I want it to do and it's really easy to set up. I haven't tested all the features yet, I'm going to get some sleep tonight so I can knock all that out tomorrow. Score one for the home team.

I should also mention its REALLY slick--smooth, intuitive, and fun to use!

No comments: