Thursday, July 9, 2009

Actors Acting and Time Trackers Tracking

Good article on time tracking: http://www.swaroopch.com/blog/why-i-do-time-tracking/

This puts the vague feelings I've had about work and productivity into a very concise list of words. It seems like this is exactly the sort of thing I should do. Maybe I'll take a look at that once I feel like I've gotten back to where I need to be.

On another note, actors are basically done and the dialog to test them is finished. I'm cranking it up this morning, and will leave it in whatever state (as long as it's working) by noon, latest. Next up is spawning and AI, which I hope to have finished this evening since they are fairly simple.

Midnight, on the dot
Actors are finished & working, they'll be a snap to plug into the full version. They look REALLY good now (tested with Volucris model). Includes features such as automatically estimating the speed of action (attack/spin) animations by how quickly the actor repeats them--all it takes is 1 repeat to judge the true speed! No more overlapping animations for Evidyon.

AI lifeforms are implemented, as is attaching skinned meshes to the map. The meshes don't update though...and attaching them in the way I did doesn't seem *quite* right for some reason. Maybe it's because there is so much data to store alongside them. I'd rather have a "scenery type" for each location with either "animated scenery" or "scenery", where animated scenery is a new type that is like a skinned mesh, but only has 1 form and references a particular animation. Oh well, this works for now.

No comments: