Thursday, July 23, 2009

Special FX Emitters -- the final step




I adjusted the way that I'm doing special effects to make them finalized. Yesterday I was 90% of the way there--just a few tweaks today and we'll have absolutely amazing special effects. It already looks really good, but this will allow some stuff that will really blow the players' minds the first time they see it. I'll post a screenshot of the portal spell once I have the rest of this wrangled together.

After that, I write the compiler, integrate with the client, add a configuration field for mouse-over, recompile and see what happens.

1330
Well, the emitter system is in place. There's only one kind right now but it works exactly like it should. Time to send this stuff to the client.

1530
Done! Fixed a few bugs along the way and also implemented the mouse-over-actor effect. Please ignore the stupid looking brick-rock that's crushing one of the crawlers...it's a stand-in for all items right now.



No comments: