Monday, July 20, 2009

Progress progressing

We had a great meeting yesterday and outlined the rest of development from pre-beta through beta. I started early today and have made great progress on the list so far:

server-side map triggers are now enabled (they don't *quite* work right--you can teleport on a square without tripping the trigger) but it's like 95% of the way there, that's a simple fix that will come when i rework request interaction a bit

Zone names display and one of the possible zone effects (changing the background sounds/music) is enabled.

Names for all characters can be toggled on/off

Item attachment points can be modified in real-time in the editor. FINALLY! =D I tested it out by making a character dual-wield weapons...and it looks amazing. All attachment points work great, we could even attach belts, capes, boots, and miscillaneous character-unique items (pendants and stuff) if we wanted :D


I've added a new "Zone Rules" type that lets us specify which set of game mechanics to apply in a given region. This allows for a more sensible town safety type, as well as the ability to create a pvp arena.

DAY/NIGHT
I've found that it must be accomplished using coordinated fog and lighting settings. There is pretty much no way around this in the FVF pipeline...makes me wish I could use shaders :/ Maybe I'll release a version with shaders once I get some time to play. Well, it'll look really good anyway so its not a big deal.

===================
I'm spending the rest of today working on the special fx manager. I'm going to do it RIGHT.


Special FX manager and bindings are a go. Tomorrow should wrap that all up.

No comments: